Collision of Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heaven's Light (Open)

3 posters

Go down

Heaven's Light (Open) Empty Heaven's Light (Open)

Post by Out There Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Kip Hugo didn't know how he had gotten so damn religious. Yes, he knew it was partially because his adopted father Jean Claude had made sure he attended church every Sunday, but at the same time he knew that it had seemingly not done much for him up to this point. Yet every Sunday he stumbled off of his bar stool at Alley Cats and ended up in a church pew. Sometimes he felt not good enough, not worth the warmth he felt as he listened to the good word. What sort of man shrugged off Heaven's light in favor of a warm beer? That was the question he asked himself as he stumbled home.
Out There
Out There

Back to top Go down

Heaven's Light (Open) Empty Re: Heaven's Light (Open)

Post by King of the Jungle Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:02 am

Though Scott Keeton was new in town, that didn't stop him wandering the streets after dark. He preferred it to the daytime, less people. It was one of the main reasons he hadn't even really met anyone yet, he was pretty much nocturnal. He figured he was probably dressed to fancy for the part of town he'd found himself in, but it didn't stop him. It didn't even bother him.

As he turned down another street, Scott paused when he saw someone further down it. It was the first time he'd actually encountered someone on one of his night time strolls since arriving in Yensidia barely a week ago and he wasn't quite sure how to react.

"Um, excuse me; are you alright there?" He asked cautiously as he noticed the man was stumbling as he walked. "...hello?"

King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

Back to top Go down

Post by Out There Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Kip looked at the man who was walking down the same side of the road as he was. Not many men walked around after dark. He could think of a handful, most of them being in the employ of Mayor Chern. He had never, ever seen this man before.

"'lo there," he hiccuped, "You mind gettin' out of my way?"
Out There
Out There

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the Jungle Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:37 am

"I do mind actually." Scott replied, adjusting the tie he was wearing. He smiled, though his eyes didn't reflect the friendliness of it. "I'm not the kind of man who steps aside for pathetic drunks like yourself. Is it a common thing to find people stumbling around drunk here?"
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

Back to top Go down

Post by Out There Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:44 am

"'Scuse me?" Kip hiccuped, looking at the man. He wasn't pathetic. He actually got out into society, tried to make the most of what he was given. This man on the other hand? Kip knew exactly who he was. "I have a real job, I work for a living. What do you do, Scott Keeton? You keep holed up in that house on a hill in your little gated community? You're the pathetic one. Not me."
Out There
Out There

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:52 am

"Oh no, see, that's where you're wrong." Scott replied, chuckling. "See, I do have a job. In fact I do it during many of those hours where I'm 'holed up' in my home. If you actually ever bothered to walk up the hill you mentioned, you would see horses. Horses I train and keep healthy. Do you look after anyone besides yourself? Because while I may not be very sociable around other humans, I spent most of my time making sure those horses are happy and healthy, which makes their owners happy."

While he spoke politely, there was a hint of anger in Scott's voice. He was quite proud of his work and himself and had little patience for those who didn't understand or appreciate it. Horse training wasn't actually the only thing he did though, but it was the only one he'd talk about.

"Now; what exactly is it you do, hm?"

Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Out There Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:01 pm

"If you paid attention to anything but yourself and those damned horses, you'd realize that people who don't live in the gated community aren't allowed in it. Sheesh all you rich types are all exactly the same," Kip rolled his eyes as he fixed his green leather jacket. It wasn't that he hated the rich, Kip just couldn't fathom how someone so rich could be so dense to the plights of others.

"I work at Gepetto's as a cashier and help kids find the perfect toys for themselves."
Out There
Out There

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the Jungle Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:08 am

"Oh trust me, I do pay attention, I just don't approve of the way you lot stumble around drunk. Have you no shame?" Scott asked with a frown. "And we are definitely not 'all the same'."

He shook his head at the man before sighing and straightening the collar on his shirt.
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

Back to top Go down

Post by Out There Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:04 am

"You lot? It's not you lot. As far as I know, I can name one man other than myself who lets the drink get to him and he has a damn good reason to let it get to him," Kip defended not only himself but Harris Woodrow. He knew the old man had lost a lot in his life and didn't deserve to be talked about like that. "I think you're all the same. I think you're all a bunch of high class cowards who would rather lock yourself behind a gate than have anything to do with the men and women who work so hard for this town."
Out There
Out There

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the Jungle Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:21 am

"I am not a coward!" Scott hissed, clenching a hand into a fist. The problem was it bothered the man because he knew the drunken one was right. There were things he did simply because he was scared. "Being a coward is hiding your pain beneath all those drinks, like you do."
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

Back to top Go down

Post by Out There Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Kip noticed the hand clenched into a fist and growled, "Unless you intend to hit me, I'd unball that fist. You dunno how hard I work each and every day to make sure you privileged bastards can have all the fun things you got. A lot of us are like that!"
Out There
Out There

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:49 am

"Oh, my apologies, I was unaware you earned the money that paid for what I have." Scott replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He did, however, unclench his fist anyway, deciding it wasn't worth it to get into a fight.

Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Out There Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 am

"Maybe not the payin' fer what you got but a lot of the work men like me do goes int' fixin' what ya got. How many times have yeh wandered what built the roads outside yer house or what put up them nice gold gates outside yer little community. Do yeh think it was men like you? Cuz men like you don't work hard fer shit," Kip sneered, pushing his way past Scott.
Out There
Out There

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down